129th Rescue Wing Contact Info (PJ)

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
You are correct, not all ARC military service personnel will be on AGR orders and typically AF Special Warfare career field specialty AGR positions require mission ready qualification and at least a 5-skill level. However, as active duty transition to ARC thru Palace Chase is either the active duty airman holds award of (possesses) one of the 1Z specialty codes or doesn't posses award of the AFSC the unit (position) requires. Lack of possessing the AFSC the ARC unit (position) requires means an entry classification personnel action is required.

Typically entry classification is connected to 4 year and six year terms of initial/entry enlistment. Those entering ARC through Palace Chase are accomplishing a transition connected to early release from active duty and a 3-level or higher AFSC the service member processes.

BTW, the attachment in my previous post is for a 7-level Pararescue ARG position, but it gives some insight to issues of concern to attempting to retrain (entry classify) into pararescue through the Palace Chase Program. The Palace Chase Program purpose favors those active duty holding (processing) the needed AFSC. It indirectly favors the needs of the Air Force by providing a transition option allowing the Air Force to offer more entry retraining opportunities for civilians seeking an entry enlistment and entry classification into enlisted occupation specialty (AFSC). It helps sustain a viable mission ready 5-skill, 7-skill and ARG AFSC provided operational capability. The 5-level and particularlily the 7-skill level represents level of experience and qualification at which many discretionary decisions are made in the field environment. In such capacity of being the designated team leader the 7-level is responsible for knowing and complying with rules (Rules of Engagement), limits (legal constraints), procedures, and for understanding the extent of their authority as delegated by the unit's commanding officer or mission commander.

I recently visited the 212th RQS to participate in the unit's Christmas festivities and one of the problems revealed to me is FTA are not taking the licking and keep on ticking resiliency that past generations of PJs had. In fact at age 64 I was (humorously, but somewhat seriously) asked if I would consider becoming a team leader at the unit, in fact a significant bonus was whispered into my ear). The same was also made known to a few other retired PJs at the festivities.

From the AFI 36-3205

*1.3.1. Enlisted must request a separation date between 90-180 days from application date. Exception: Does not apply to overseas members.

1.1.1.3. Consents to recall to EAD if they fail to report to the ARC assignment, fail to satisfactorily participate in ARC training, or fail to satisfactorily perform in accordance with 10 U.S.C. 12301(d) for a period as long as the unfulfilled TOE or ADSC or 12 months (whichever is greater). Consents to a National Crime Information Check (NCIC) in accordance with (IAW) 5 U.S.C. 9109.

Although lacking in clarity the text I highlighted in red has connection to consequences to a Palace Chase transition that also involves much uncertainty of being selected by the unit to be entry classified into a new AFSC (retrain) and uncertainty of getting through all the training required for award of the 3-skill level for the enlisted occupation specialty being entry classified into. As the rescue horn sounded and the alert PJs left to do a jump mission it was most interesting to watch all the real time info being put up on screens located throughout the 212th RQS facility.

Whether active duty or ARC all those awarded the pararescue enlisted occupation specialty code, since 1947, of 3-skill level or higher are required to also hold full combat mission ready qualification certification and be medically qualified for worldwide combat, contingency, and crisis response deployment. This why I put the attachment in my specific post and also mention of the CRO vacancy announcement. Both give some between the lines insight to information not clearly put forth in Palace Chase and retraining AFIs.

The attachment in my previous post Includes the generic statement: “If the selectee does not possess the advertised AFSC, he/she must complete the required training/assignment criteria within 12 months of being assigned to the position. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination”. Obviously a bit more time is given when training required for award of AFSC is a minimum of 18 months and typically longer. The critical operative status for Palace Chase applicant purposes to consider is if selected.

Ovation23

I recently visited the 212th RQS to participate in the unit's Christmas festivities and one of the problems revealed to me is FTA are not taking the licking and keep on ticking resiliency that past generations of PJs had. In fact at age 64 I was (humorously, but somewhat seriously) asked if I would consider becoming a team leader at the unit, in fact a significant bonus was whispered into my ear). The same was also made known to a few other retired PJs at the festivities.
I must know if that offer was entertaining to you! Regardless, your previous posts have been useful and I am happy that these forums exist because of it. After speaking with their recruiting office through the link you shared, it sounds like I will receive my chance to assess with the 129th or more specifically the 131st this upcoming quarter.

By the way, I did read a book by a PJ who worked with the 212th, and talked about some of the water exercises/training ops they’d do off the coast. There is certainly a reserved amount of respect for those who jump in that freezing water.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
The offer was made in jest as it is obvious I'm completely unqualified due to age and other medical reasons to be signed up by the unit. Skill level also has a certain downgrade schedule attached to it. Suffice to say after being retired for 23 years I no longer have an awarded 7-level due to lack of performing such duties. It was the other information passed on during the conversation that was interesting.

That being said a retired active duty PJ for about twenty years was signed up last year by an AF Reserve unit to be the unit's First Sergeant. BTW, I participated in a rescue back in October 1980 in the Gulf of Alaska. http://www.alaska.net/~jcassidy/prinsendam.htm THE USCG didn't have helicopter rescue swimmers until March 1985.

The Picture below was taken October 4, 2019 at USCG Base Seattle during the Prinsendam Rescue Reuniion.

Prinsendam Rescue reunion.jpg

Thank you! So I checked out that first link and spoke with their recruiting office. They do have openings for Pararescue, PAST is administered quarterly with the next being in April-May due to last minute changes (for any others still interested). You’ve certainly helped and answered my questions!
Sir,
Are you able to provide the recruitment POC for the 129th please?
Thanks for your time.

I am currently a 2LT 21R in the Reserve. I went through Phase 2 during ROTC but was not picked up at the time. It has always been my goal to reapply for the CRO careerfield. I have seen the advertisement for two CRO positions for the 129th and would like to apply. Since I am still new as a Logistics Officer I may not have the opportunity to crosstrain just yet. Is there a contact at the 129th who I could discuss the crosstraining process with in order to bring that information to my current commander? Thanks in advance for the help.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
Send a private message to ANG_SW_Recruiting
He just joined the board and told me he has fresh contacts for the 129th. Good luck!

SW

Custom Text