AF Form 522 and Job Qouta

Ecastile

I've been trying to find the answer to this question of needing a current AF form 522 for CCT retraining. Does anyone who's applied for CCT know if I need a current AF form 522 or is my Qauls for Basic acceptable? I was able to get my Form 522 but its from Basic Training and is technically expired (they're only good for 12 months).

Also does anyone know when the job qoutas for the new fiscal year get updated? The PJ slots are all gone for this fiscal year, and I'm wondering when the earliest I should apply to give myself a chance for a PJ phase two date.

I'm asking because mypers said my application windown will stay open for 60 days and I'm in about day 20 (of them already re-opening), so I'm trying to keep all the options open.

Thanks,
EC

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
I haven't heard of anyone needing to submit their 522 to retrain. Where are you seeing that?

SW

Ecastile

I haven't heard of anyone needing to submit their 522 to retrain. Where are you seeing that?

SW
Mypers sent me two lists of requirements for PJ and CCT, the recs for PJ dont include the 522. But all the PJ slots are full, so I'm going to try and stall and maybe the new fiscal years slots will drop and submit for both.

This is what it states, but unfortunately no one here at Travis afb has any idea which one is needed

4. Qualification to bear firearms according to AFIs 31-207, 36-2226, and 13-219 is mandatory.

a. Provide copy of AF Form 522

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
The title of AF Form 522 is "USAF Ground Weapons Training Data". Never previously heard of this being a requirement as Weapons training, at least for pararescue , was included in the apprentice course syllabus. Looking at the CEFTP for each AFSC may help those who are attempting to retrain to determine if a current AF Form 522 is needed or not.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
Historically the PJ AETC functional manager has been able to work through getting excess slots for crosstrainees because they use the Phase II process to weed people out. Unfortunately the AETC functional just changed out and the new guy is getting settled so the chance of him being able to assist at this moment is not great. And i don't know if that process is repeatable.
We will try to do some digging on this end to get an answer because its been an ongoing issue for quite a few guys.

(Personally I wouldn't worry much about the 522 reqt. If you can get it knocked out through your local CATM then great, but there's a lot of dudes not current on their weapons qual that have been able to retrain.)

SW

Ecastile

Historically the PJ AETC functional manager has been able to work through getting excess slots for crosstrainees because they use the Phase II process to weed people out. Unfortunately the AETC functional just changed out and the new guy is getting settled so the chance of him being able to assist at this moment is not great. And i don't know if that process is repeatable.
We will try to do some digging on this end to get an answer because its been an ongoing issue for quite a few guys.

(Personally I wouldn't worry much about the 522 reqt. If you can get it knocked out through your local CATM then great, but there's a lot of dudes not current on their weapons qual that have been able to retrain.)

SW
Thank you both for the input, fingers crossed for a pj slot. :D