CRO/STO & ALO Phase II updates

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
CRO/STO & ALO Phase II packages are updated on the How To Join page.

Upcoming CRO/STO Assessment Dates:
14 Aug 19
15 Jan 2020

Upcoming ALO Assessment Dates:
19 Aug 19
16 Dec 19
20 Jul 2020

CRO/STO & ALO Phase II packages are updated on the How To Join page.

Upcoming CRO/STO Assessment Dates:
14 Aug 19
15 Jan 2020

Upcoming ALO Assessment Dates:
19 Aug 19
16 Dec 19
20 Jul 2020
Good morning,

Are there any projected dates on Crosstrainee Phase II assessments for FY20? AFPC closed my retraining case on Thursday afternoon to prepare for FY20 release (advisory should be released sometime mid August). I am only persistent because it is very likely that I will not be able to apply for retraining until NCORP Phase III, which will begin some time in February of 2020. If there are any Phase II assessments, is it possible to attend prior to AFPCs approval considering I have a current PAST and am medically eligible (422, 2992)?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
We'll dig into it and try to find out what's going on.

Additionally, it may be a good idea to reach out to your base's career assistance advisor (ask your Shirt or Chief how to find them if you don't know). We have found that they often have direct AFPC contacts that can assist.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
Crosstrainee phase II's are generally run twice a year; March & August (or thereabouts).

PJ retrainee slots have dropped in MyPers. CCT have not (yet). Per the PJ AETC Functional Manager, submit your full package regardless of quotas available and they *should* be able to move slots around to accommodate your package request. There are limited slots this year but should have over twice as many for FY21.

Good news!

My AFSC was appointed “out objective” quota, so I should not have to wait for NCORP III. I just requested retraining in Mypers this morning, so now I will wait for their formal response confirming my eligibility.

Fingers crossed, it’ll go smooth considering I had an open application last week that was closed out due to FY19 coming to an end.

Thank you again for your help, and checking into the Phase II assessment!

Ecastile

Which dates are you referring to?
I applied for the Aug 14 phase 1, and on the application it asked which assessment date I preffered but assuming it was a Fy19 or below application because the Fy20 doesnt mention it. Two actual phase 2 assesments per year and not per phase 1 applicants is what I'm assuming is correct?

Ecastile

I applied for the Aug 14 phase 1, and on the application it asked which assessment date I preffered but assuming it was a Fy19 or below application because the Fy20 doesnt mention it. Two actual phase 2 assesments per year and not per phase 1 applicants is what I'm assuming is correct?
Let me rephase that better. On my application it asked which Phase two date was preffered but I haven't found any information that there is two phase 2 assesments conducted for the applicants selected from the 14 Aug phase 1.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
I don't have an answer. However, some readers may be getting confused by the intermingling of the officer assessments (TACPO formerly ALO , CRO, STO) and the enlisted cross training assessments (CCT, PJ, SR, TACP). Pay attention to the details in the questions and answers is becoming important in this discussion thread.

The Noncommissioned Retraining Program (NCORP) is an enlisted program that doesn't pump applicants/candidates into the officer assessments.

Ecastile

The dates listed above are the phase 2 dates. For additional info, I recommend contacting the cro or stop recruiter listed in the application guide (currently cao 1 July 19)

Officer Candidate section on this page: https://afspecialwarfare.com/join-enlist/

SW
My phase II date is in Nov, I already had applied but wasn't sure if they did multiple assessments or how it worked. Now it appears the assesments are combined, so excited for this opportunity!

Custom Text