Documents (PAST / FCIII / Etc..) before or after approval for retraining

With respect to the retraining package items:
-CC recommendation letter
-Class III Flight Physical
-Completed PAST Test
-125a

Are these items required at time of hitting the button "request for retraining" in myPers? Or are they uploaded AFTER notification of approval? Word from base career counselor is that these items are completed and submitted POST approval. Looking for solid gouge/confirmation....given that a number of these items may take some time to get sorted. Thank you.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
The time consuming package item is the getting and completing the initial Class III/SOF medical examination. Eligibility to obtain these exams requires an imminent need which is driven by submitting intent/desire to retrain through MYPERS.

The base career counselor informing you that these items are completed and submitted POST approval is how to the best of my knowledge is what establishes need for the items being mentioned. No need for any of these items if you are not approved which is dependent on the retrain into quota being available to match you against.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
I got this from a guy that just went through the retrain application:

"It took AFPC roughly 40 duty days to approve me to re train.
AFPC will close out your retrain inquiry after roughly 30 days of inactivity but as far as I know you don’t have a total time limit.
It only took me roughly 35 days to submit all the required paperwork because I was pro active in starting the flight physical. I started asking for the flight physical roughly 100 days before I was even officially approved to retrain in AFPC. If I would have waited until I was approved officially in AFPC, to start the flight physical, you can easily add 50 to 60 days to the amount of time it takes to gather all the required documents. If the amount of time you have left on your contract like me was/is a concern, I would DEFINITELY start as soon as possible. The other bottle neck I had was accomplishing the TAPAS test, I would get that done sooner rather than later as well.
The paperwork isn’t due until after AFPC has officially approved you to retrain."

Hope that helps.
-SW

YUKON / SW - thanks for your replies. This helps..... - bottom line, not due until AFTER, but be proactive where possible in getting stuff knocked out, i.e. FCIII.

The best thing you can do is make contact with Flight Med. They will be your best resource. Attempt to get scheduled based on your intent to retrain, some will schedule some will not. Depends on who you talk to that day. But worst case is they don’t, so just try to get them to put you in a tentative appointment pending AFPCs approval to submit a package. This process can be delicate and you will be told no long the way. This is the start of the never quit mentality

Thank you Alpine. Appreciate it.

The best thing you can do is make contact with Flight Med. They will be your best resource. Attempt to get scheduled based on your intent to retrain, some will schedule some will not. Depends on who you talk to that day. But worst case is they don’t, so just try to get them to put you in a tentative appointment pending AFPCs approval to submit a package. This process can be delicate and you will be told no long the way. This is the start of the never quit mentality

Custom Text