Prior Service Slots for FY20

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
We received a heads up that the available Air Force FY20 slots for Prior Service is extremely limited. While the Air Force usually has around 300+ slots available for prior service candidates, this year the slots are limited to only 125- this is for the entire AF, not Special Warfare. Keep this in mind when trying to retrain- the slots just may not be there for Oct19-Sept20.

SW

With respect to a first term Airman looking to retrain in current fiscal year, if the slots for each specific AFSC drop to zero, i.e. zero PJ, zero TACP - is there any chance the numbers may potentially be increased based on current pipeline situation? Or do we expect that once the slots are gone they will remain unavailable for the rest of the FY? Last check seems like the available slots are getting low.... needs of the AF vs. retrain window timing can cause some bad luck for folks...

Thx

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
AF Retraining is different than the aforementioned prior service. (Prior service references members from a sister service).

Slots should stay open, per one of the AETC Functional Managers I spoke to a couple weeks ago. If you (or anyone else on here) runs into issues with MyPers/AFPC saying no slots are available, shoot me a message and I can see what's going on.

SW

Thanks much SW - didn't catch the "Prior Service" part - but appreciate the info on the other piece.... Asking for a First Term who has a few more months until the window opens.... I'll advise him to reach out should the numbers go flat. Cheers.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
Thanks much SW - didn't catch the "Prior Service" part - but appreciate the info on the other piece.... Asking for a First Term who has a few more months until the window opens.... I'll advise him to reach out should the numbers go flat. Cheers.
You saw the new guidance on the First Term airman retraining window, right?

You saw the new guidance on the First Term airman retraining window, right?
I'm tracking the memo (13 FEB 20) that discussed FTA window opening first day of 24th month... regardless of manning at current afsc. - is there another one I should know about? Thanks in advance..

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
I'm tracking the memo (13 FEB 20) that discussed FTA window opening first day of 24th month... regardless of manning at current afsc. - is there another one I should know about? Thanks in advance..
Nope, that's the one. Wanted to make sure that one was on your radar.

Custom Text