Question about becoming a cct

Hi,

I want to know if i can trust the information my recruiter has informed me. I have just finished MEPS and on my ASVAB score i qualified for all SW jobs except CCT. I was 3 points shy of the M category to qualify for CCT. My recruiter told me i can still be a CCT if i go on an open contract and at the end of SW prep or A&S during the evaluations that if i fit they can allow me to become a CCT since they’re undermanned. I love the job of a CCT and want to know my routes and possibilities from this point to become one.

thank you,

Seven

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
hmmm, I don't have an answer. Technically it's possible, but if the recruiting service doesn't administer PAST and process your enlistment into one of the Special Warfare enlisted specialties, when and how during BMT will you get this entry classification requirement accomplished?

I don't know if an entry classification process for classification during BMT has been put back in place for the enlisted Special Warfare occupation specialties. The process seeking volunteers from the BMT flights and administering the PAST to recruits while going through BMT went away during the 1990s and I have not heard of the process being put back in place.

M is actually mechanical aptitude.

BTW Special Reconnaissance also has a dual aptitude requirement. General aptitude and a Electrical/Electronics (E) aptitude. Did you meet the dual MAGE requirement for SR?

Yes i met the requirements for SR but i want to be a cct. My recruiter said go in with an open special warfare contract i think it’s called SWOL i’m not sure but then they’d evaluate me between SW prep and A&S and let me in for the cct pipeline or even take the asvab again during that same time period to get me in the pipeline. I just want to know if that’s a possible route cause if not i’ll tell him to let me take the asvab again before i ship

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
I'm unfamiliar with the enlistment contract acronym SOWL, but it does fall inline with proposals being rumored.

my recruiter sent an email to his higher ups to confirm all of what i just said and he confirmed with me that when i ship with a SWOL contract that i’ll qualify for cct

WR

Operator
Just to validate your statement, I spoke to a SOR and he said as long as you are going in with the Special Warfare Operator Enlistment contract and not a specific AFSC contract, then you have the opportunity to push for CCT. The goal is to have all of the SW AFSC contracts become SWOE contracts by June, giving members the opportunity to be exposed to all the SW careers, rather then just the one or two they might know about.

Custom Text