swim workouts on this page.

hello all,

I was looking over the 15 week workout plan and I was seeing some swims that I need clarification on.
is the "kick, bottom arm out straight" simply a fin without fins?
also
is the "Lead arm- Trail arm" swims different from the above swim workout?
please let me know what you all think.
thank you very much.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
The form isn't fin, no fin dependent. The having no dependency is connected to lead arm having purpose of reducing potential of injury from ramming head into rocks, objects when swimming in conditions of low visibility and rough seas. This same reason a lead arm is extended when surfacing from a dive. The objective is to limit injury of hitting head on some object (typically a boat) floating on the surface. Trail arm's position is to reduce drag.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
I read the workout document and it's not clear what is being described. "kick, bottom arm out straight" appears 36 times in the document with use or no use of fins. Kick appears to be referring to kicking off the wall during start of each lap as flip turns are not allowed for the PAST and the first lap doesn't start with a dive into the water. I didn't author the document or have anything to do with it, but the kick off of the wall at start of each lap and should be the same technique (form) with or without fins.

Custom Text