TACP Retrainee Interview

For those who are applying or have applied for retraining into TACP, how long did it take to get a 1C4X1 assigned to you for an interview? One guy I know said it took only a couple of days, another went ALO, so his process was way different, and I haven't seen any threads related to it. Thanks in advance.

This is an older post but I am having the same issue now and I didn’t want to start another thread about it. The memo concerning the required interview for the TACP application states “retraining applicant must send email titled “TACP Interview Request”...to the1C4X1 Career Field Manager...” and it provides an email address I’ve omitted here. I’ve had no reply to multiple emails for over 30 days. And the out dated AFSC makes me doubt the accuracy of the email address provided. I’ve reached out to AFPC multiple times about this but been told each time they cannot provide me with direct contact information for the CFM. My base career assistance office has not been returning calls or emails. I’m stationed at Nellis AFB and I see TACPs around base all the time and I’m tempted to ask one of them if they are able to conduct the interview and have them fill out and sign the memo. I don’t know if AFPC will accept that though. This is one of the last items I need completed before I can submit my formal application. If anyone has connections that could put me in touch with the TACP CFM or someone authorized to conduct retraining interviews I would greatly appreciate it.

This is an older post but I am having the same issue now and I didn’t want to start another thread about it. The memo concerning the required interview for the TACP application states “retraining applicant must send email titled “TACP Interview Request”...to the1C4X1 Career Field Manager...” and it provides an email address I’ve omitted here. I’ve had no reply to multiple emails for over 30 days. And the out dated AFSC makes me doubt the accuracy of the email address provided. I’ve reached out to AFPC multiple times about this but been told each time they cannot provide me with direct contact information for the CFM. My base career assistance office has not been returning calls or emails. I’m stationed at Nellis AFB and I see TACPs around base all the time and I’m tempted to ask one of them if they are able to conduct the interview and have them fill out and sign the memo. I don’t know if AFPC will accept that though. This is one of the last items I need completed before I can submit my formal application. If anyone has connections that could put me in touch with the TACP CFM or someone authorized to conduct retraining interviews I would greatly appreciate it.
I am in the exact same boat. I ended up asking a friend currently in as a TACP to ask around his work and I shot some emails out to TACPs on my base or around. I figure the worst they can do is say no or just ignore it. But it’s something.

Sandbags 42

Operator
Agroves1, if you haven't gotten an email back within a couple weeks go talk to the TACPs that are stationed at your base. You should be doing that anyways picking they're brains about the ins and outs of our career field. Any TACP should be able to do the interview, unless something has changed in the past few years. The CFM is very busy and more then likely hasnt gotten to your email yet, but retraining slots are first come first served as long as the packages meet the requirements so dont sit on it for to long.

Agroves1, if you haven't gotten an email back within a couple weeks go talk to the TACPs that are stationed at your base. You should be doing that anyways picking they're brains about the ins and outs of our career field. Any TACP should be able to do the interview, unless something has changed in the past few years. The CFM is very busy and more then likely hasnt gotten to your email yet, but retraining slots are first come first served as long as the packages meet the requirements so dont sit on it for to long.
That’s accurate? Any TACP can conduct the interview? Regardless of rank or time in the career field?

Sandbags 42

Operator
A SSgt TACP did my interview when I cross trained. That was a few year's ago though. Unless it says otherwise any NCO TACP should suffice.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
I'm not sure that Intel is still current. I was under the presumption the CFM (or a tacp rep at HAF/A3S) does the Phase 1 interview.

@Jwon25 - shoot me a PM on where you're stationed and what majcom you're in and I'll get you linked up with someone.

SW

I was able to get connected through my First Sergeant. She connected me to another SNCO in Professional Development who connected me to a SNCO TACP on base who knew the CFM and is willing to do my interview and PAST test. It also seems to increase response times exponentially when you CC a SNCO on any emails.

Custom Text