A&S Class Start/End Dates (Valid for Aug19 - Aug20)

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
Start Date End Date
12Aug19 - 9Sep19

15Oct19 - 12Nov19

6 Jan20 - 3Feb20

9Mar20 - 3Apr20

18May20 - 15Jun20

10Aug20 - 4Sep20

-SW

When receiving your ship date for BMT will it be planned around these dates?
Thus making the BMT->BA Prep->A&S a seamless progression without any long break in-between each.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
Previous policy was to have a BMT ship date which has the least number of not in training days between BMT graduation and Course of Initial Entry and subsequent courses required for award of 3-skill level (the AFSC's specialty awarding course (Tech School) .

For BMT grads the COIE is The Special Warfare Prep Course with immediate transition into the A&S course.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
The Special Warfare Prep ops team have confirmed that your BMT end date will align with the start of SW Prep, which then aligns with A&S (or TACP indoc).

SW

Start Date End Date
12Aug19 - 9Sep19

15Oct19 - 12Nov19

6 Jan20 - 3Feb20

9Mar20 - 3Apr20

18May20 - 15Jun20

10Aug20 - 4Sep20

-SW
Sir,
Do you have an updated scheduled reflecting the rest of this year? My retrain package for SR should be hitting the CFM any day now, trying to gauge when I might be getting an A&S date.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
Not yet. But take note that retrainees are now attending A&S Prep before A&S.

A&S Prep is about 2 months.

Not yet. But take note that retrainees are now attending A&S Prep before A&S.

A&S Prep is about 2 months.
I wonder if there is a back log like there was for phase 2 during COVID for retraining get lying slots, any insight?

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
I wonder if there is a back log like there was for phase 2 during COVID for retraining get lying slots, any insight?
This is likely the case. Based on feedback on these forums and from personal accounts, there have been members waiting for a slot for months.

My assessment is this will likely take a few class dates to clear out all the backlog, but i don't have confirmation of that from any reliable source.

This is likely the case. Based on feedback on these forums and from personal accounts, there have been members waiting for a slot for months.

My assessment is this will likely take a few class dates to clear out all the backlog, but i don't have confirmation of that from any reliable source.
I appreciate the response and your honest assessment! I’ll post how long my wait is to keep information accurate.

Custom Text