ANG TACP and in ROTC

I've been looking around and haven't found much info on this. Maybe somebody here could shed some light on the matter. I am currently an ROTC cadet at Oklahoma University. Would it be possible to say, enlist as as tacp in the ANG, (I believe there is an ASOS in Oklahoma CIty) and then still continue through ROTC training? If so, Once I complete my degree, could I transition into an 13L ALO? I'm curious how that all would work, with a reserve contract and everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
You will need to ask through your ROTC chain of command as at some point the individual in an ROTC commissioning program enlists as inactive reservist. The ROTC scholarship requires such obligation and the 3rd and 4th year enrollment un the ROTC requires such obligation too.

Too many complicating scenarios to contemplate, but although AF Reserve as TACP may be possible, although significantly unlikely, the Air Guard being State until activate for some Federal need probably creates some significant not serving a Federal military obligation conflicts.

Also:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggraff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If so, Once I complete my degree, could I transition into an 13L ALO? </div></div>Transition into is an incorrect concept and perspective. Entry classification into 13L ALO AFSC does not happen simply and only because of gain of a military commission appointment.

Entry classification at least requires Air Force having a funded 13L position to match you against. Further, the Air Guard or Reserve commands would need to release you from the AF Reserve or Air Guard term of service obligation.

Thank you for the quick reply. I actually am on scholarship. But I am having problems with some engineering classes which could result in my losing my scholarship. Which would mean either paying the government back by either currency or by serving time. I'll look more into it when the time comes, but thank you for the help. I'll talk to my Cadre if something drastic does happen. I wasn't aware the ANG being state would cause some conflicts with ROTC. ANd I see what you mean about the ALO. I wonder if I'd have to go through the training again to become ALO, If i was released from reserves

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggraff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wasn't aware the ANG being state would cause some conflicts with ROTC. </div></div>I prefaced Air Guard causing problem with probably. Would correlates to will, could correlates to more likely to and is the better word to use.

Regardless your ROTC cadre-squadron staff is the best place to pursue getting the best answers, particularly since you have a scholarship which does throw a Monkey Wrench into your would like to hopes.

THank you. I most likely will come back here once I know for sure what is going on and what answers my Cadre can provide.

Custom Text