CCT POC Gulfport,MS area

G

Hello,

My name is J(special Boat Operator 2nd class), I am currently active duty NSW Group 4 SBT-22,wanting to make a change and am looking for contact info on a CCT recruiter in the Gulfport,MS area. I'll copy this to the POC area as well. I contacted the local AF office in Gulfport left a few messages but had no luck with a call back. I may just drive to Kessler myself. I understand prior service guys get a certain amount of slots a year and are scored on a point system. I'm trying to figure out where I stack up, I have a fairly long list of advanced qualifications and schools that I'm sure are valuable in the CCT community. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
V/R
SB2

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jay5352</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I understand prior service guys get a certain amount of slots a year and are scored on a point system.</div></div>Get is perhaps considered as available as there is no must provide slots for prior service obligation.

The point system was discontinued years ago although I may have the points criteria archived some place. Many prior service had the points but they were inept, incompetent overweight and lacked fitness, so the points essentially had no selecting and screening value.

G

Got it, the physical part is no concern to me, I'll max the PAST test out, being an NSW guy I'm at home in the water so that's no concern either, I'm also lead comms, been through NSW advanced comms, ran no qualified JTAC in training my only issue right now is getting a response from AF, I'm 30 min out from Kessler thinking about finding a contact there if you have any at that base I'd love to get a hold of it.

I know you're trying to cross-deck to the Air Force but do/did you enjoy being part of SWCC during your time in the Navy? What made you want to switch over? I am currently looking at either SWCC or CCT so you posting on this website is a god-send. Be advised though, being prior service and going back through a recruiter is a pain in the ass. They don't want to deal with prior service because they get nothing for their trouble unlike someone who is glossary non-prior service. Do yourself a favor and find yourself a recruiter that is willing to work with you before you discharge from the Navy. Just be ready to redo everything: MEPS, asvab, physical, tapas etc.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamie1775</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be advised though, being prior service and going back through a recruiter is a pain in the ass. They don't want to deal with prior service because they get nothing for their trouble unlike someone who is glossary non-prior service.</div></div>The suggestion "because they get nothing for their trouble" is inaccurate as filling a prior service enlistment quota does get a plus in the plus column, the plus just isn't as important in the got jobs filled production rate measures.

Prior Service quotas are pretty much shutdown to perhaps a dozen AFSCs at the most and no more than 10-20 prior service enlistment quotas at most for each AFSC, with less than 10 each fiscal year per AFSC being the norm. Thus it isn't a matter of less for their effort and more nothing available to make an effort for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamie1775</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Do yourself a favor and find yourself a recruiter that is willing to work with you before you discharge from the Navy. </div></div>Unfortunately there are significant limits and restrictions placed on military recruiting services on how much before separating from active duty a recruiter can work with a service member to get them enlisted in a different service. Also choice of recruiters is limited as a recruiter cannot work to enlist somebody outside of his or her assigned recruiting zone.

The critical reality risks being emphasized is prior service trying to reenter into a subsequent enlistment in another service has almost all the odds against them. Thus separating only with intent goals, objectives and plans to quickly reenlist after break of service (discharge/separation) is foolish as it unlikely to, if it's going to happen, happen within a few weeks or a few months.

Custom Text