Commanders Recommendation

good afternoon,

For anyone who already has a package in for Combat Control. I'm in the process of completing my retraining package. Right now I'm focusing on the recommendation from my commander. I have the basic format and what the letter should say. My question is, on the memo, who is this letter for? as when I say "Memorandum For..."

I may have missed the info somewhere but I've searched through Mypers and the internet and haven't come up with anything

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
Unless something has changed, for enlisted retraining purpose, there is an automatically generated review product the unit commander gets. Basically the review product is concerned about factors not documented in MILPDs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AFI 36-2626:

3.9. Unit Commander.

3.9.1. Notify HQ AFPC/DPTOT of approved retraining applicants who fail to maintain quality control standards, or quality factors not visible in MilPDS, prior to attending formal schools.

3.9.2. Ensure Airmen comply with all eligibility and reporting instructions. Notify HQ AFPC/DPTOT when Airmen are unable to meet class start date.

3.9.3. Immediately notify HQ AFPC/DPSOAR if an Airman approved for retraining is selected to deploy and the class dates conflict with the deployment. All requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to scheduled deployment. Failure of notification may result in a lost retraining opportunity for the Airman and/or class seat.</div></div>

Perhaps you are writing a request for an exception to policy?

Custom Text