cross training/Phase II course dates

Hello everyone- I was wondering if there was any information regarding upcoming
cross trainee/Phase II dates for Pararescue
(Enlisted)

I am currently waiting for a pool to open to complete my PAST (last thing I need before submitting my package)

In the exact same boat. Curious to know what the Air Force and AFSOC's plan is if the pools stay closed for a while to still recruit and assess members for enrollement into Phase II and SW Prep for the new people just enlisting.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
COVID-19 has all of DOD in confusion mode. I don't have access to any info to give an answer or even a guess on this question.

Haha, thanks Yukon- Those of us waiting, we will just have to be prepared when we get the call!
All we can do. Only hope is that it doesn't come too late because of the AF timelines we are working with. Especially if you are OCONUS.

With everything opening back up, I was wondering if there was any new information on upcoming Phase II courses for
cross-trainees wanting to become Pararescue

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
There is one scheduled for August. This is a re-hack of the Spring Phase II course date, which was canx'd. It is unknown if they'll do a fall Phase II, to get back on schedule for 2/yr, but i wouldn't be surprised.

Thank you for the information @SW !
Hopefully some pools will open up soon so myself and others can submit our packages

Looks like I will have pool access by the end of July, so my packet for CCT should be submitted early August. Assuming that holds, what timeline can I expect regarding notification of a seat, class dates, etc?

Looks like I will have pool access by the end of July, so my packet for CCT should be submitted early August. Assuming that holds, what timeline can I expect regarding notification of a seat, class dates, etc?
I wish I could give you a better answer. But with COVID expect SOME delays. SW candidates are still shipping as they are “high priority”, but I can tell you from first hand experience leadership is doing their best to mitigate exposer to the virus. Which tends to clog things up in the pipeline. Be patient, keep training, and be on your recruiter for updates. PM me if you have any other questions.

Hey guys,

Been on here consistently looking for answers about retraining packages and just keeping up with how everything is unfolding currently due to COVID. A little background info about me, I am a ten year TSgt going on 11 in September and I feel that my chances are dwindling the longer I wait to submit a package. I've attempted multiple times, but I have been denied due to having a code-43 in a special duty. My CC is willing to lift my code to pursue retraining into AFSPECWAR, specifically SR, but wants to make sure I can submit a package without being picked up for a new assignment/special duty, etc..

I wanted to apply to retrain, but I am not sure how it is going to work since the new FY2021 retrain advisory dropped last week, and
there are no longer any Tech slots for SR. I know PJ & CCT have a TIS limit for TSgt, but SR does not. Has anyone applied to retrain without any in-quotas for their rank? I'm sure an ETP is expected to attain a slot for a different rank but I am not sure what has to be stated. Does anyone have any info that could help?

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
Even though its not in the AFECD, I have doubts that SR would take TSgts and/or applicants w/ over 10 yrs TIS. Instead of listing the restriction outright in the AFECD, they seem to be projecting it in the retrain advisory.
You are going to have a very difficult time finding a SW slot on active duty. You most likely waited too long. Your only reasonable (but still a longer shot) chance is to look at a guard or reserve slot, where the Active Duty restrictions may not apply as stringently.

SW

Custom Text