Mil to mil spouse.

Question for anyone who might know the answer or where to find the answer. I’m in the process of retraining to Pararescue and my spouse is also Air Force. I’m aware that after a certain point you move out of the dorms and can live off base. Does anyone know if my spouse will be able to join me at that time? Everyone I’ve talked to doesn’t seem to have the answer.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
I don't either as there are too many variables with the most significant being an assignment position must be open and available to assign the mil spouse too. Another problem to consider is once you graduate you will be assigned to a new duty position at a different base and then not only do you also need to navigate determining if a vacant assignment position is available for the spouse you need to navigate the problem of determining if the mil spouse has enough time on station to be eligible for the PCS move.

I also reviewed your previous posts and it appears you are also trying to retrain by being picked up by a reserve component unit which may introduce other problems/complications.

Thank you for the quick response. I’m no longer pursuing a reserve unit spot as it appears most guard and reserve units are acquiring people from active duty.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
Candidates with dependents are usually moving from the dorms to housing after dive school. Exceptions could be made for irregular circumstances (e.g. passing A&S and dive prep, but awaiting a backlog at dive).

SW

Custom Text