No access to a pool

I'm currently striving for a career in TACP yet as the title says, I have no access to a pool currently. I am in a fairly isolated are in the mountains of NC. My local college has a pool but due to Covid restrictions they have opted to leave it closed for the time being. I am exceeding the requirements to pass the PAST as far as the run, pull ups, push ups and sit ups go, but I am worried about the lack of swimming.

Could any one help with either personal experience, alternate workouts, or any type of similar information regarding this lousy predicament i find myself in?

Any information and/or guidance is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

That's a hard one. I don't know if you have done your swim for time before to see where you are at but I'd certainly make it a point to drive wherever the closest one is at least to see where you are and if you need to work on it. Anyone can correct me on this but I am leaving soon for the TACP Pipeline but you will not need to swim a whole lot other than the 500m PAST swim and 2 underwaters. You will learn to get more proficient during SW Prep.

Good Luck, hope things open up soon!

Thank you for the insight! I have actually managed to find a pool and a swim coach that wont require hours of travel. I'll be starting with the coach within the week.

Good luck to you on your journey as well!

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
For those still having trouble locating a pool, a couple recommendations...

1) Consider picking up a set of swim trainers. The same ones used by the US swim team to warm-up or train while out of the water. More info at the bottom of this page: https://afspecialwarfare.com/training-gear/

2) Lots of flutter kicks

3) For underwater work, do breath hold tables like Professional Freedivers do when in the off-season. A couple links:
-and-

Custom Text