Please Help-Questions about ALO

I'm a senior who is married and looking to do something other than work a 9-5. I would like to be accepted into OTS. I get good grades and am in good physical condition. I know it will be hard, that's why I'm doing it.

I have searched high and low online, and there just is not a lot of information out there about ALO, also called as 13L, right?
From what I understand, ALOs have the same training as TACP. I know that TACP imbeds with Army and Marine to direct air strikes. But does anybody know exactly what an ALO does while deployed? Do they mainly direct the TACPs? Do they themselves imbed with the Army and Marines? I am just a little confused at what the Air Liaison Officers exactly they do while deployed.
If there are any ALOs out there, any advice or insight is welcome. It doesn't have to directly answer any of these questions.
If this info is somewhere else, just direct me to where and I can read it for myself.
Thanks all.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
The crux of the Air Liaison Officer (ALO) duties in general connects directly to the definition of liaison.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">li·ai·son.

NOUN

1.communication or cooperation that facilitates a close working relationship between people or organizations:
"the head porter works in close liaison with the reception office"</div></div>

The other critical aspect of both the 13L ALO and TACP duties is both exist to support the Army by Coordinating getting aircraft sorties into the airspace over army units in need of CAS and controlling the CAS so that the munitions released or fired from the aircraft reach out and wreck havoc on the intended target rather than our own troops.

The official job description to include duties is to be found on these forums.

Custom Text