Retraining slots for CCT

Today the retraining quotas dropped and the only AFSPECWAR job that wasn’t listed was CCT. Does anyone have any information on when slot could be expected to drop? Thanks ahead of time.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
I have not a clue or a guess. I lack access to anybody in the know. Figured knowing your post was read would at least stop the wondering if it was read.

Where did you see that they dropped? MyPers doesn't have the retraining advisory up so my guess is they are still building the quotas

Ovation23

Today the retraining quotas dropped and the only AFSPECWAR job that wasn’t listed was CCT. Does anyone have any information on when slot could be expected to drop? Thanks ahead of time.
I asked a similar question, Admin stated that they havent dropped (yet), but I believe they have through next week to establish in and out objective quota.

Where did you see that they dropped? MyPers doesn't have the retraining advisory up so my guess is they are still building the quotas
I checked it on the 5th when most of the jobs initially dropped and on the 7th and CCT wasn’t on there. Hopefully it’ll drop soon though! All I need to do is send up my package at this point now that I finally have my physical finished and signed.

Ovation23

I checked it on the 5th when most of the jobs initially dropped and on the 7th and CCT wasn’t on there. Hopefully it’ll drop soon though! All I need to do is send up my package at this point now that I finally have my physical finished and signed.
Are you applying as a FTA, or career airmen.

Ecastile

According to Mypers they haven't dropped but will next week. The qoutas are kinda confusing to me, it shows 7 PJ FTA slots, so are they only accepting 7 FTA PJ retrainees for the whole year? Or are they qaurterly based? Just seems like such a low number for the whole year.

Ovation23

Just got an email from MyPers! The advisory is “incomplete” and they are not taking retraining applications at this time. (There is an advisory out and viewable, but you have to dig through MyPers because it is hidden at this moment.) I just requested retraining this AM, and they just followed up less than an hour ago.

I wouldn’t stress, it sounds like the advisory will be completed soon and AFPC retraining is aware of it.

To answer the PJ list question from Ecastile, admin mentioned that there are very few slots showing at this time, but to submit for retraining regardless per AETC functional. More quotas are expected for FY21. (This discussion can be found in CRO/STO section under Phase II updates if you’d like to read their response.)

From MyPers
Due to the end of FY19 approaching, we are closing your retraining case. ALL remaining quotas will be removed from the Retraining Advisory to prepare for the release of FY20 quotas. Once the FY20 quotas are released, and you have reviewed the Retraining Advisory on myPers for available quotas, you may submit a new retraining case. The Retraining Advisory will down until further notice. Please check social media resources for updates.

The OFFICIAL MyPers Retraining Advisory link can be found at: https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/tf/tf_retraining/advisory. Please refrain from accessing the Retraining Advisory through alternate locations, as it is not complete with FY20 quotas and specific career field notes. Although, you can access the Retraining Advisory, it not complete and we are not accepting applications at this time.

Once deemed eligible to retrain, you can submit required documents that were previously accomplished, if they do not exceed 12 months and if there is not a change to your eligibility status.

Please ensure you review the Career Field requirements in the Air Force Enlisted Classifications Directory (AFECD), and the Retraining Advisory notes located on myPers prior to submitting a retraining application for FY20.

Last edited:
Just got an email from MyPers! The advisory is “incomplete” and they are not taking retraining applications at this time. (There is an advisory out and viewable, but you have to dig through MyPers because it is hidden at this moment.) I just requested retraining this AM, and they just followed up less than an hour ago.

I wouldn’t stress, it sounds like the advisory will be completed soon and AFPC retraining is aware of it.

To answer the PJ list question from Ecastile, admin mentioned that there are very few slots showing at this time, but to submit for retraining regardless per AETC functional. More quotas are expected for FY21. (This discussion can be found in CRO/STO section under Phase II updates if you’d like to read their response.)

From MyPers
Due to the end of FY19 approaching, we are closing your retraining case. ALL remaining quotas will be removed from the Retraining Advisory to prepare for the release of FY20 quotas. Once the FY20 quotas are released, and you have reviewed the Retraining Advisory on myPers for available quotas, you may submit a new retraining case. The Retraining Advisory will down until further notice. Please check social media resources for updates.

The OFFICIAL MyPers Retraining Advisory link can be found at: https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/tf/tf_retraining/advisory. Please refrain from accessing the Retraining Advisory through alternate locations, as it is not complete with FY20 quotas and specific career field notes. Although, you can access the Retraining Advisory, it not complete and we are not accepting applications at this time.

Once deemed eligible to retrain, you can submit required documents that were previously accomplished, if they do not exceed 12 months and if there is not a change to your eligibility status.

Please ensure you review the Career Field requirements in the Air Force Enlisted Classifications Directory (AFECD), and the Retraining Advisory notes located on myPers prior to submitting a retraining application for FY20.
Kind of off topic but I'm a 6 year enlistee with my window opening up in June of next year, my super told me I would fall under the FY21 for applying but that doesn't make sense to me wouldn't that fall under FY20? I'm heading in next week to meet with the CAA where hopefully she has some info for me I just want to know when I should get the ball rolling.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
The new fiscal year starts 1 October of the current calendar year. At this moment (11 August 2019) it is U.S. Federal Government's FY 2019. FY 2020 starts 1 October 2019 and FY 2021 starts 1 October 2020.

June 2020 leaves the last quarter (3 months) of FY 2020 to process a retraining application to get a FY 2020 retraining quota. This reality makes it most probable that you will be competing to obtain a FY 2021 retrain job drop.

Your CAA should be able to clarify "your" falling under FY eligibility and when best to get the retraining ball rolling.

The new fiscal year starts 1 October of the current calendar year. At this moment (11 August 2019) it is U.S. Federal Government's FY 2019. FY 2020 starts 1 October 2019 and FY 2021 starts 1 October 2020.

June 2020 leaves the last quarter (3 months) of FY 2020 to process a retraining application to get a FY 2020 retraining quota. This reality makes it most probable that you will be competing to obtain a FY 2021 retrain job drop.

Your CAA should be able to clarify "your" falling under FY eligibility and when best to get the retraining ball rolling.
Appreciate it, Thank you.

While it won’t be impossible for you to apply next June, slots may be gone and depending on whether or not you’re FTA, you may require more endorsement if your current AFSC doesn’t have any out quota. Perhaps at minimum, you can attend a phase II assessment!?!?
I am a FTA, my leadership is on board with me retraining most the leg work will just be finding out when to apply and getting dates. I was hoping the same thing as well that I would be able to attend a Phase II then just wait until my window is actually open. I always have to remind my self to focus on the 25m targets and that patience is a virtue.

Ironically enough there’s an assessment that starts tomorrow lol.

But I will try to hunt down the next one after and will report back here when I have it.
appreciate it man. I’m just wanting to let my unit have an idea when they should expect me to be going since our current manning levels are trash.

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
You can not depend on knowing assessment dates alone for planning purposes. What is needed to be known is what gives eligibility to be there. In the past this meant having a retrain request submitted into official channels for official consideration.

Ovation23

Per another question I had, Admin mentioned sometime next March/August for FY20 Phase II assessments.

Spoke with CAA this morning, and the advisory has officially dropped! Retraining requests can now be submitted for FY20 consideration.

So March would be an awesome target to shoot for, but obviously if you need more time to prepare for Phase II, then take it! (You can’t get it back).

Ecastile

Per another question I had, Admin mentioned sometime next March/August for FY20 Phase II assessments.

Spoke with CAA this morning, and the advisory has officially dropped! Retraining requests can now be submitted for FY20 consideration.

So March would be an awesome target to shoot for, but obviously if you need more time to prepare for Phase II, then take it! (You can’t get it back).
It dropped with zero CCT slots?

Custom Text