ROTC cadet to become a STO

Hello all,

First year cadet in AFROTC Detachment 665 at the University of Cincinnati here, and I have recently discovered a burning passion I have to be a STO.

I have pretty strong leadership skills as well as a general likable personality. I feel like I will crush the mental and leadership part of the process (obviously not right now, but when the time comes I will have developed even more). I won the Air Force Achievement Award my first semester in ROTC, and I am in the High School Scholarship program with a Type 7 scholarship.

As of now, I need to start hitting physical fitness hard. I have received a 15 week training program from a current STO that I will being working on. I am a relatively skinny guy, weighing 151 at 6' 1", but I have been lifting for several months and have been gaining weight since. My plan right now is to continue going to the gym, but make the 15 week fitness plan I received the staple of my workout.

Current daily plan: Hit calisthenic/crossfit fitness plan, then lift heavy to bulk up, and then fit in running, rucking, and swimming somewhere. 20 miles running, 20 miles rucking, and 5 miles swimming WEEKLY is my goal. I also need to work on the PAST test numbers, I have yet to figure out where to fit that in.

Any tips and advice would be great! Feel free to email me at millarcj@mail.uc.edu (preferably) or private message on here.

Thanks for reading

Custom Text