STO with a BSN

I have my BSN (Bachelors of Science in Nursing). Would this limit my opportunity for possible STO selection? I read another thread saying it was a professional commission but I do not know if having something like a nursing degree will be so highly sought after and if they would deny me an opportunity to attempt the STO pipeline. Any thoughts or experience?

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
Make a choice its either a nonrated line commission to become STO, CRO, or TACP-O or professional Medical commission (Nursing) to be a Nurse in the military medical service. The problem is if you go nonrated line commission to become STO and don't get picked up you will need to switch from line to nursing commission and I don't have a clue how easy this would be.

I gotcha. Thank you for the information on that. It’s all confusing at times. What makes someone competitive for STO? What’s a good GPA? What are some good things to put into the packet?

Yukon

Staff member
Operator
You can't be competitive if you don't make the decision to try and put forth the committed effort to follow through with that decision. GPA hasn't been a thing for decades in determining acceptance into an officer utilization field as its difficult to correlate a GPA equally through all the possible degree programs that exist these days. The only exception might be the professional degrees, but since the 1990s most have in one way or another required getting a license to practice along with that sheep skin.

An example of baccalaureate programs not existing until after the 1980s. B.S. In EMS | Department of Emergency Medicine (arizona.edu) and 10 Best Bachelor’s in Emergency Management - College Rank

A review of my assignments and level of responsibilities in those duty position would equate or correlate to having a PhD in multiple degree subject areas using todays degree standards.

Custom Text