SWOE is making me very worried, got any information to help me out?

Hey guys, so a month ago I realized I want to be a CCT. Unfortunately a few days ago I found out that SWOE is a thing, and that I essentially have to agree to allow the cadre to decide my fate. This gets me worried. The idea of putting myself through all that hell (training to ship out, BMT, prep, a & s) to pass selection and be forced into a job I don’t want, well the thought of that is rather unsettling to say the least. What are your thoughts and how can I cope with this? I know “top performers” get their pick regardless but this still worries me because I don’t know how “top” I’ll have to be and it’s quite an uncertain thing. I still really wanna be a CCT but this SWOE thing is disheartening, especially when I read that the purpose of it is to fill quotas for the jobs that don’t get as much candidates. Please be honest and open.

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
From what I'm hearing lately, CCT is not getting as much candidate interest as the others. So if you perform well, you should be fine.

From what I'm hearing lately, CCT is not getting as much candidate interest as the others. So if you perform well, you should be fine.
I just get a odd feeling that they’re trying to dump anyone they can in SR, is this not true?

SW

Administrator
Staff member
Operator
I just get a odd feeling that they’re trying to dump anyone they can in SR, is this not true?
This is not true. SR does not have a large career field requirement, hence, less positions to fill. Also, there appears to be plenty of interest from applicants to go SR.

SW

Custom Text