The Physical Abilities Stamina Test (PAST) represents the minimum entrance standards for enlisted Special Warfare career fields. The PAST must be successfully completed prior to:
1- Award of a basic training contract for a Special Warfare AFSC
2- The start of Special Warfare entrance courses
3- Cross-training into a Special Warfare AFSC as part of the retraining package or from prior service
THE PAST Standards and Current Forms
1) The PAST Worksheet (dated 1 Mar 2019) contains the standards for PJ, CCT, TACP, SERE, Special Reconnaissance ( formerly SOWT) and EOD all on one worksheet. The worksheet is the form that is submitted to start your reservation or crosstrain.
2) The PAST Criteria sheet is your instruction manual for the PAST Worksheet. The narrative should be read verbatim to the applicant before each section is performed. In addition, demonstrations should be given to show proper form of calisthenics.
A Few Notes:
- The PAST must be completed with strict form standards. Following the PAST narrative instructions are essential. An applicant or the administrator does themselves no favors if they allow sloppy form on calisthenics in order to pass an individual. Special Warfare instructors at the entrance courses will weed applicants out if their form is not perfect.
- Successful completion of the PAST should not be used as a gauge whether you will be successful or not during the pipeline. Applicants should aim to far exceed the PAST standards. (Example: A PJ/CCT/SR recruit should not consider 25m underwaters at a 3 min interval an acceptable standard. They should train for 1 1/2 min underwater intervals prior to starting the course if they hope to have a good shot at graduating.)
- Need to get find workout programming designed to get above and beyond PAST standards & succeed at Assessment & Selection? We highly recommend Team ST. See why Coach AN’s team has been so successful.