The Physical Abilities Stamina Test (PAST) represents the minimum entrance standards for enlisted Special Warfare, SERE and EOD career fields. The PAST must be successfully completed prior to:
1- Award of a Special Warfare Open Enlistment contract
2- The start of Special Warfare entrance courses
3- Cross-training into a Special Warfare AFSC as part of the retraining package or prior service
THE PAST Standards and Current Forms
1) The PAST Worksheet (dated 24 Apr 2020) contains the standards for PJ, CCT, SR, TACP Special Warfare Open Enlistment (SWOE), Special Warfare (retraining), SERE and EOD all on one worksheet. The worksheet is the form that is submitted to start your reservation or retrain package.
2) The PAST Criteria sheet is the instruction manual for the above PAST Worksheet. The narrative should be read verbatim to the applicant before each section is performed. In addition, it is recommended to demo each calisthenic for the applicant prior to each event.
A Few Notes:
- The PAST must be completed with strict form standards. Complying with the PAST narrative instructions is essential. An applicant or the administrator does themselves no favors if they allow sloppy form on calisthenics in order to pass an individual. Special Warfare instructors at the entrance courses will weed applicants out if their form is not perfect.
- Successful completion of the PAST should not be used as a gauge whether you will be successful or not during the pipeline. Applicants should aim to far exceed the PAST standards. (Example: A PJ/CCT/SR recruit should not consider 25m underwaters at a 3 min interval an acceptable standard. They should train for 1:30 min underwater intervals prior to starting the course if they hope to have a good shot at graduating.)
- Looking for workout programming designed to exceed PAST standards & succeed at Assessment & Selection? We highly recommend Team ST. See why Coach AN’s team has been so successful.
If you have further questions regarding the PAST test, please post in our AFSPECWAR Community Forums.